To The New Home of Morris Benson Area Storm Hockey!
1. Fill out coach application
2. Sign coach code of conduct
3. Register with USA Hockey as a coach every year at www.usahockey.com
4. Take the online Module for the level you are coaching by December 31st. Go to www.usahockey.com - click on Coach on the top bar & click on Age-Specific Modules
5. Take the Safesport online training before practice starts. Go to www.usahockey.com - click on Safety on the top bar & click on SafeSport training. Good for 2 years and then there is a refresher course.
6. Take a CEP class by December 31st. Go to www.usahockey.com - click on Coach on the top bar & click on Coaching Clinics. All coaches begin by attending a Level 1 clinic then progress through the 3 levels every year. After you take Level 3 it is good for 2 years then you can retake the Level 3 clinic online twice (good for 2 years). Then you need to take a level 4 clinic. Mite and Mini Mite coaches can have an expired CEP, but they have to have at least level one.
7. A background study needs to be taken and is good for 2 years. You can find the background study under USA Hockey background check which will take you to the MN background check or you can go to MN Hockey background check. We are district 15.
8. Turn in all information to your associations registration board member.